By The Players...For the Players
Application for Membership and Player Handicaps
Memberships in the Tour are open to all amateur golfers and local groups that desire community with like-minded players and organizations seeking opportunities to compete in fun, well-organized golf competitions and social gatherings. Any applicant for membership who has previous professional experience, or previously held professional status, must provide documentation from the USGA or equivalent governing body restoring full amateur status to the applicant prior to admission to the Tour.
All fields on the membership application must be completely and accurately filled out to be considered for admission. Individual player information will not be sold or shared by the Tour. However, collective demographic data may be used to promote the Tour and/or acquire promotional opportunities with equipment and accessory manufacturers, or other industry providers, for the benefit of the Members and the Tour.
- Members will receive a branded gift package each year upon joining or renewing a Tour membership.
- Members are eligible to compete in any Tour Event anywhere in the APT Network.
- When available Members will be provided with discounts for practice rounds at tournament venues, as well as vendor discounts or special offers obtained through relationships cultivated by the Tour.
- Members will have access to all areas of the Tour website, including all members-only areas.
- Members will have access to the Tour’s mobile app for tournament registration, entry fee payment, live-scoring, and access to other pertinent information made available through the app.
- Members will be eligible to enter and compete in no less than four (4) National Major Events and any other Special Events hosted by the Tour throughout the calendar year.
- Members will have the opportunity to qualify for and compete in The Amateur Players Tour North American Championship each season. The winner of each Division of the North American Championship will be crowned the Champion Golfer of the Year for the Division.
Membership Cancellation Policy
Membership is non-refundable after 30 days or after a player has registered for a tournament, whichever comes first. Memberships purchased are for a season by season basis, meaning your membership will run from the North American Championship through the next year's North American Championship. Membership includes access to the members area of BlueGolf, the ability to register for tournaments, member pricing and deals from our sponsors, and access to your APT Tournament Index.
Download Our App for Free in the App Store and Google Play Store!
Download the Amateur Players Tour App to gain the best TOUR experience. Log in using your BlueGolf ID to gain access to all of the App's features. You can sign up for tournaments, view results, participate in live scoring, access your stats, and so much more. Just go to either the App Store of the Google Play Store and search "Amateur Players Tour". Staying connected with the TOUR has never been easier!
2021 North American Championship
The inaugural Amateur Players Tour North American Championship will be played at the Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, North Carolina. The championship will be a 54 hole, stroke play event with opening ceremonies and practice rounds on Sunday, October 24, 2021, and tournament rounds played on Monday, October 25th through Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
Tournament rounds will be played on Pinehurst #1, #6, #8, #9 and Talamore Resort. Upon completion of the 2nd round, the top 20 and ties from each Division will advance to play their final round on the historic Pinehurst No. 2. The remainder of the field will play the final round on the remaining event courses.
Accommodations will be available on resort property at group pricing. Check the Tour website for additional Championship announcements and information throughout the season.
North American Championship Priority
The North American Championship will be open to all Members that want to play. However, space will be limited and entries will be granted based on the following priority:
- Winner of North American Championship (last 10 years)
- Winner of National Major Event (last 2 years)
- Current Season Top 20 in National Player of the Year Race as of August 2nd, 2021
- Local Chapter Owners
- Winner of Senior Major Event - Current Year
- Local Chapter Player of the Year - Current Year
- Winner of Previous Year Local Chapter Player of the Year
- Top 3 in Local Chapter Player of the Year Race as of August 2nd, 2021
- All Members with Membership Status
Registration will open for priority status on August 3rd, 2021 and will run through August 15th. Registration will open to members without priority status on August 16th. For those with priority status, you must register before August 16th to reserve your spot. You will be notified via email on August 3rd with an invite to register. EXCEPTION - Spots will be held for the current Player of the Year in each local chapter (every division). A wait list will be started with open registration and filled on a first come, first serve basis to complete the field at the conclusion of each chapter's local finals.