Who we are...
Amateur Players Tour
By the players, for the players.
The Amateur Players Tour is a flighted, competitive amateur golf tour for golfers of all ages and skill levels. Consisted of over 40 chapters across the United States and one in Canada, players have the opportunity to compete at the local, regional, and national level. Our members love the game of golf, enjoy participating in various competitive golf tournament formats, love to travel and play at new golf courses and golf resorts, and desire building lasting relationships through fellowship on and off the golf course with other golf fanatics who can’t get enough of the game, its history, its architecture and its spirit.
We are “By The Players, For The Players.” But what does that mean? Our founders each have a foundation in competitive golf, each playing in local events, state ams, state opens, USGA events, and even some mini-tour experience? What’s the difference? At premiere events, the player experience is unmatched. Our mission is simple - to bring the most elite golf tournament experience to the everyday golfer. But how do we do that? Whether it be a professional registration process, simple and effective communication, a tour-like first tee experience, professional pace of play monitoring, or professional scoring, our goal is to make sure you have the best experience possible.
We ourselves are addicted to the game that in many ways shaped our lives. We’re students of its history, competition, and the life experiences that only the game of golf can provide. We want to provide some of those experiences through golf that have shaped and molded us - whether it be competition, travel, or building relationships with lifelong friends along this great game. Whether you’re a plus handicap or a 25 handicap, there’s a place for you on the APT where you can compete and become part of the fastest growing golf community on the continent.
The Local Chapters are the heart and soul of our tour. Each chapter runs a schedule of between 10-25 events and players compete on the local level in a Player of the Year race in every division. Local chapters run events frequently, most being one-day events on the weekends, where members will compete on some of the top public and private country clubs available in their area. Winners earn trophies in each division, and top finishers receive prize payouts at every tournament in VISA Gift Cards. All of our prizes are paid out in accordance with the USGA Rules of Amateur Status. Our focus is always on the player experience with a heavy emphasis on fun and friendly competition.
For members who want to travel, the APT National Office hosts a series of “National Majors” at some of the top golf destinations anywhere in the country. Members have had the opportunity to play some of the top golf destinations in the world - Bandon Dunes, Streamsong, Chambers Bay, Big Cedar Lodge, TPC San Antonio, True Blue and Caledonia to name a few. The National Majors schedule changes each year, giving our members opportunities to travel to new destinations, while keeping a few events that have turned into yearly traditions for our members. Members who like to travel can also compete to be crowned the Global Golf National Player of the Year.
The season culminates at the North American Championship, held September 20-22, 2024 in Myrtle Beach, SC and the Senior North American Championship, held September 24-25, 2024 in Myrtle Beach, SC. Players from every chapter will converge for the largest prize pool of the year and to compete to be crowned North American Champion. Last year, almost $50,000 was paid out in VISA Gift Cards to the top finishers from each division. All members are eligible to register to play on August 1st provided they’ve completed 5 rounds during the 2024 season.
We encourage you to reach out to your Local Chapter Owner or to email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about how you can join the APT community and get more out of your tournament golf experience!
- "A well-run competitive tour that lines up some great courses I might not get the chance to otherwise. Good community, good golf."Eric StrangeSt. Louis
- "Great way to test your golf skills against players of similar caliber."Steve HasenfratzSt. Louis
- "Great guys, and well run organized tournaments!"Bradley ReynoldsIndianapolis
- "Great people and great courses."Brian HayesCarolina Triad
- "Finally a tour that actually puts in the effort to provide their members a fantastic experience and benefits with your membership"Jake EnglebrakeKansas City
- "APT is by far the best tour I’ve played on. Brought my love of golf back. Can’t say enough about everyone who plays in it and everyone who runs it. Unreal venues and we're paid out with Visa gift cards. Great tour ran by even better people!"Tyler F.St. Louis | Division 1
- "I've played on every am-tour in the country and nothing compares to APT. From the bigger prize purses, professional notifications, member discounts, tee box care factor, pace of play, and overall organization. Nothing comes close."Rick P.Charlotte | Division 2
- "Great tour! Lots of great venues to play. I have played courses I would have never played had I not been on the tour. Made new lifetime friends!"Wilson G.Wilson-Review